Powered by Blogger.

↑↑ Tent Upgrade ↑↑

I'm sure I've said this before but the only reason I committed to going camping was the fact my mum had a little 3 man dome tent in the front room along with a ready-bed which in my opinion is pretty much the basics of camping.
Tent & bed.
It was also a good chunk of initial output I didn't have to spend, especially when it could be a one hit wonder with me.


*Not my actual tent but extremely similar. I've lost all of my original trip/tent pictures.

It was super easy to put up for a solo camper but it was basic. Because it was small I literally had room for my bed and a little bit of storage and at night it was either sit on the bed which made me feel like I was going to bed or sit outside in the cold. There was no in between. Due to the height too and me being 5'9 it wasn't ideal to be bent/crouched all the time.
To top it off there wasn't an electric zip. I didn't think I'd need electric but then I realised that when I'm camping I'm cut off from distractions and it's the perfect time to write.
It was however perfect for testing the camping waters.



So that's when I invested in the Sendero 4 from GoOutdoors, which with my discount card cost £99.00. I also grabbed myself a carpet which is too big for the tent but by simply folding some back under it fits perfectly and then I used B&M picnic rugs for the bedroom area and I have to say I love it.
The last trip I took was in this tent and because the lovely people at Kings Lynn Caravan and Camping park helped me, I have no idea if I'd have got it up. But, that's a challenge in my eyes, to get it up on my tod.
I'm also planning on making the kitchen area more livable (and not bagged) because it's a royal pain in the ass storing stuff like this.
The tent had a few minor leaks through the night but it was raining quite bad thanks to British weather being awful. Nothing to make me demand a refund or anything like that, but a little dripped in.
I'm so happy with my investment and can't wait to get back out in the tent once more this year while also planning next. 

No comments