Powered by Blogger.

I ♥ Camping

I don't know if it's still too soon, or early days but I have to say I do love camping.
Last weekend I headed back down south again, with a friend this time though and in a bigger tent. I did miss my tent slightly (or at least I thought I did) but I loved having a living area. I figured on the Sunday morning that it was the sense of escaping I missed, not my dinky tent.
We didn't take a stove and so coffee meant Starbucks or Costa... which defeated the object of waking up and relaxing.
But I'll talk more about that later.
After finishing work and travelling 200 miles down south I landed on the camp site, literally on or next to the one I was on last time.

By the time we'd gotten the tent up it was about 8-9pm, had a quick dash for some snacks and then chilled out for the rest of the night.


Saturday we had a venture to Boscome Beach, walking in to Bournemouth, having a Cornish pasty and playing mini golf.
I peaked with a hole in one on the 2nd hole though and after that, it went down hill, and I lost.
That night the site had a van there for pizza which was amazing, even if it was £7 for a 9" pizza... it was b-e-a-utiful.


To kill some time we had a drive through New Forest and I love seeing animals roaming freely.
Horses were everywhere and it was a sight to see.
At the end of our route, we ended up at a Marina in Lymington which is a gorgeous place and a lovely walk to admire the boats you wouldn't even dream about.


Near the sailing club I nearly had a heart attack though when I saw this!


Literally stood drooling over it!
That night we chilled in the tent until about 11pm and then called it a night, after a McFlurry.
Unlike last time I managed to get a few hot showers in which really helped the weekend. When I got back I reserved a new tent too, to try and make it more of a home away from home and I'm hoping to get away in July for another break. I literally love to relaxing without too many people about.

No comments