Powered by Blogger.

Cornwall Camping. July 2018


I do love roughing it. My auntie would be so proud!

Okay, I know I'm not and I know she'd be devastated but what's wrong with a bit of camping luxury?!

My home for the week, overlooks... kinda... the sea and is situated in the south of Cornwall. Chycarne Holiday Park wasn't overly busy and I got my pick of pitches. Thankfully, people were going or had gone out and so they didn't have to see me struggle with the tent.

It's not the first time I've put it up alone, but I think my tiredness and the sun really tried to kill me off.

I also ended up spinning the bed round so I was feet down the slope. Other than that, welcome to my humble abode. Cast of Bugs Life, an added freebie.


Day One of my trip, took me to the gorgeous, clear waves of Kynance Cove. How can you not fall in love with that view and it's on British soil... kinda thing.

I spent a little while here. Reading and people watching. I was surrounded by happy families and couples and I will admit, i felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb, but I have to remind myself that once I leave, I'm not going to see them again!


Over the next few days I explored a new beach every day and tried to indulge in the best of Cornish. Scones with clotted cream at Wavecrest at The Lizard
Cornish ice cream.
Cornish Pasty.
When in Rome, or Cornwall you have to embrace their finest cuisine.

On one trip out, I decided to call in to a cute little cafe and wound up eating a tofu salad as well as a smoothie. I ate healthier than I had in years. by choice! And I can't fault it at all! So if you're in St. Agnes, call in to Genki for a rest and refuel.


The below is a seagull. Cute ain't he?!
That is until he starts eyeing up your pasty and you end up hiding in a corner to eat it.


On the day I went home, I spent the day at the beach that the campsite overlooked. I was in my element. A quiet beach. My travellers journal and my camera.


Now, If you're here after my 2019 post, you'll know that this was written a year after I took this trip, hence the vagueness of it all. However I found my VLog and it's linked below if you want to see the actual trips thoughts!





No comments